Stop wasting your time with fad diets, deprivation and bizarre concoctions that keep you spinning your weight-loss wheels! Look into basic tactics with sound scientific principles, to help you shed pounds faster and keep them off. The following tips are a very good place to start.
1. Drop 250 calories out of your daily intake. For most people, this can be easily accomplished, simply by skipping their morning coffee treat. These delightful drinks can fill you up with more than 400 calories a pop! When you consider the fact that 200 calories a day can equal up to an extra 21 pounds gained per year, you instantly realize the value of this tip!
2. Visualize. This is an important mental exercise that can help you reach any goal, most especially one in weight loss. Keep picturing yourself as a thinner person; the power of suggestion will help you stick to a smarter diet. See yourself as you want to be, and constantly reinforce the validity of that image through your actions.
3. Water as a weight-loss weapon. Often underestimated and under-utilized, water is one of the best things to fortify your body with, period. Drink two glasses prior to each meal and see how much less you eat; when you hanker for dessert, opt for another glass of water. Confusing hunger and thirst will keep you reaching for naughty goodies every time, especially the quick ones so arm yourself with a bottled water at all times.
4. Take fruit and vegetables for all they are worth. Use veggies with every meal to help you fill up and give you all the nutritional benefits you need to keep energy high during dieting, and do the same with a piece of fruit for every snack. This automatically cuts down on calories and improves the value of what you eat. Nature offers enough variety in fruits and vegetables that you can easily find plenty of pleasing options.
5. Get up at least once every hour. Be it at work or on your sofa, sitting for long periods is unhealthy and promotes metabolic stagnation. The sedentary lifestyle is extremely counterproductive to weight-loss and will keep you spinning your wheels forever! Get up and stretch, pace or go for quick walk to divert laziness and increase energy; an object at rest stays at rest, whereas an object in motion keeps moving!
6. Determine the cause(s) of failure. Nobody likes to admit it, but continuously failing may indicate some other underlying situation that needs attention. If you keep missing the mark with your weight-loss objectives, think about asking a physician or psychologist for help. The problem could be genetic or metabolic, or even rooted in some emotional issue that you are subconsciously wrapped up in. Don’t let pride stop you and refuse to feel shame; reaching a healthy weight is far too important to let anything stand in your way of it.
Weight-loss is a billion dollar industry, and if you think about it, why would the companies selling you products really want you to succeed, if that means an end to their income stream? Get off the yo-yo diet train and make the changes necessary to create a healthier, stronger and leaner you. – See more at: https://gotbalance.com/blog.php?c=231&id=740#sthash.cEB6l7iQ.dpuf